A less expensive model but extremely efficient with all essentials such as Check Work, Bearings and other details as the higher priced models.
In addition, the following features are worthy of special note:-
1. Exceptionally free running line drum, with bearings of the pivotal centre-pin type.
2. Fitted with a regulator by which the line drum can be controlled.
3. Built in a contracted form with large diameter line drum, providing rapid recovery of line.
4. Chrome plated line guard with interchangeable position for left- or right-hand use as desired.
5. The clearance between the back flange of the line drum and the frame is extremely fine, thus avoiding the finest of Nylon lines fouling the mechanism.
1959 Retail Price*: £3 3s
LUBRICATING, CLEANING & CARE OF YOUR TRUDEX
1. To dismantle, pull aside the Release Lever at the front and lift Line Drum from the frame.
2. Oil the Spindle, Check Wheel and movable parts of the check mechanism, using good quality thin oil.
3. To replace Line Drum, pull aside Release Lever, to allow it to go easily into position. Do not use force.
4. A little oil at the top and base of the handles adds to the sweet working of the reel
5. The centre screw of the Release Cap is for the adjustment of any end-play that may develop through normal wear.
After use remove all traces of moisture and keep your reelin a dry place.
|(All Information reproduced from J W Young & Sons Ltd 1959 Catalogue)|